The Analysis Essay is one of the most frequently used essays in the college setting. It may be informative or argumentative, but its purpose is always to evaluate another text (typically a work of fiction). While it is basic in its structure, many students struggle with the level of detail required for a good analysis essay.
Some students may be familiar with this mode from previous years, so in the first semester of senior English, we will first review students’ prior knowledge, then work toward mastering this form.
**Please note that there will be a school-wide assessment at the end of the semester. All seniors will demonstrate their knowledge and ability with the Analysis Essay.
- General Information from the Modes Website
- Basic Outline Template for an Analysis Essay
- Student Sample: Poetry Analysis Essay
- Poetry Analysis (BritLit Renaissance: Pastorals & Sonnets)
- Satire Analysis Essay
- Epic Hero Analysis (Mythology Epics)